Executive Director, Fremont, Nebraska
Job Description & Qualifications
Please email your resume to email@example.com
The Executive Director is responsible to the Greater Fremont Development Council Executive Board for all activities of the organization. Those include the promotion of economic development in Fremont and Dodge County, with the objective of creating more and better employment opportunities for all of its residents. Those objectives are met through, but not exclusively limited to:
• Retention and expansion of existing business and industry
• Attraction of new business and industry
• Promotion and maintenance of a healthy business climate; and
• Such additional programs as deemed viable by the Board
Position Reports to: The Greater Fremont Development Executive Board.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Applicant must be a proven leader and able to provide direction for short and long-term strategic planning, as well as have a demonstrated knowledge of economic development, business recruitment/marketing/sales, governmental affairs and public finance. The applicant’s background and experience should enable him/her to gain immediate credibility with the business, political, and community leadership. The applicant should also have experience working within a regional partnership setting. The Executive Director will be working each week for a significant amount of time in the offices of the Greater Omaha Economic Development Partnership as a member of the regional team representing the Greater Fremont area.
A bachelor’s degree or higher is required and the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) and/or Certified Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) credentials are preferred. Effective written, oral, and presentation skills are a must for this position, as the successful candidate will regularly communicate with existing and prospective Fremont & Dodge County employers as well as the public in general. Strong listening skills and inclusiveness will be keys to success in this position. Director will be expected to reside in the City of Fremont.
• Works to retain and recruit businesses and jobs in the Greater Fremont Area. The purpose of GFDC is to bring about economic growth in the Greater Fremont Area which includes Dodge County. The Executive Director is charged with carrying out this mission at the direction of and in conjunction with the Board.
• Works with the Board to maintain an efficient organizational structure that will strengthen the competitiveness of GFDC within the local, state, and global economy.
• Establishes harmonious working relationships with partners and effectively communicates with community, economic and industrial development allies.
• Coordinates the identification, assessment and development of competitive industrial sites.
• Helps coordinate the sale and/or lease of land(s) controlled by City or GFDC in order to meet the
requirements of new and existing business and industry.
• Responsible for preparing and coordinating research for prospect inquiries from new business or industry with key partners to develop current, customized information to meet client requirements.
• Provides direction and oversight of a formalized business retention and expansion program including a database of existing industry statistics and trends.
• Coordinates strategic planning initiatives for GFDC.
• Oversees data collection, research and analysis to include a database of existing buildings and available sites.
• Oversees the development of, and updates to local website.
• Represents GFDC at meetings or professional organizations related to community and economic development.
• The position has one (1) direct report: Business Development Coordinator. This person has expertise in clerical & administrative functions of the office as well as exceptional relationship skills, and coordinates the Business Retention and Expansion program, maintains Buildings & Sites Inventory and has worked on the website development and social media communications for GFDC.
About the Greater Fremont Development Council
GFDC was formed in 1974 as the Fremont Chamber Industrial Foundation and in 1991 that name was changed to Greater Fremont Development Council (GFDC). GFDC operations are currently governed by a 5 member Executive Board. The funding for GFDC comes from a combination of both private and public sector support.
Fremont, a city of 26,000 residents is strategically located at the crossroads of major highway links (HWY 275 & 77) that reach downtown Omaha and Lincoln in less than an hour. With its excellent location and immediate access to big city amenities, and 4 municipally-owned business parks, Fremont is uniquely positioned for economic growth. Fremont is proud to have the 2nd largest YMCA in the United States, two educational institutions (Midland University and Metropolitan Community College), a full service regional hospital (FAMC), and Fremont State Lakes for leisure activities of boating, camping, fishing, etc. Fremont is the County Seat and functions as the governmental and economic center of Dodge County ( population,36,000). Other incorporated cities vital to the success of the Greater Fremont area are North Bend, Hooper, Scribner, Snyder, and Dodge. The City of Fremont recently undertook the extensive process of comprehensive, long-range strategic planning. The unique characteristics of Fremont and the strategic commitment of its citizens create a climate conducive to economic expansion.
Process, Timeline and Salary Range/Benefits
Applicants should include a resume and a cover letter responding to this job description to Bob Henningsen, Smart Solutions Group Inc. PO Box 65751, West Des Moines, Iowa, 50265.
Applications may also be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consideration of applications by the search committee has begun, and will continue until the position is filled. For further information, applicants may contact Bob Henningsen at 515.243.3099.
A salary range of $75,000 to $100,000 annual has been established. A competitive benefit package will be offered as well.Next Previous